About the Property
Welcome to the ancient town of Kot, where grand bastions await to usher you into a unique boutique heritage hotel. Despite the opulent entrance, the homestay’s rustic simplicity is a testament to the earth of Rajasthan used in its construction. For over 180 years, the Thakur family has lovingly cared for the Kot, which is estimated to have existed for over a millennium.
Thanks to the Thakur family’s dedication, the distinctive arts of Rajasthan continue to thrive in this hidden corner. The ancient loom and handmade crafts are being meticulously preserved at Dhundhara, shielded from the fast-paced outside world.
Discover a time long forgotten and witness the true artisans and craftsmen whose work is the foundation of the opulence that defines Rajasthan. Immerse yourself in the rich history, culture, and adventure of this boutique homestay in Rajasthan. Book your stay at our property and experience the essence of Rajasthan firsthand.
About the Space
Relax and unwind from the hustle and bustle of daily life as you settle into our beautifully furnished en-suite rooms. Each of the four rooms is fitted with modern amenities and opens onto a spacious Indian verandah that overlooks a sprawling garden, ideal for indulging in an afternoon tea.
With plenty of cosy nooks and crannies to curl up with a book or take a leisurely nap on a traditional Indian Charpoy daybed, this heritage property in Rajasthan provides the perfect escape.
Our boutique property offers a comprehensive experience of Rajasthan, from locally sourced linens and bath towels made of pure cotton to the delicious local delicacies prepared in the Thakur family kitchens. To fully immerse yourself in Rajasthan’s culture, you can even join us for a cooking class and learn how to recreate these dishes at home.
Total number of Rooms: 4
Maximum Occupancy: 3 adults per room
Deals start from₹ 5,000 per room per night
Pet Policy: Yes allowed
Child Policy: Below 5 years are complimentary. Children above 5 years are considered adults
At this boutique property, our family kitchens are an essential component of the heritage homestay experience, offering regional cuisine prepared with fresh seasonal ingredients sourced from our garden and the land.
You’ll have the opportunity to indulge in Rajasthani delicacies such as Laal mas, Haldi ki Sabzi (a superfood), and Ker Sangri, while Pasanda Bhootey kebabs remain a local favourite. For those who wish to learn the secrets behind these dishes, we offer cooking classes.
We understand the importance of catering to our guests’ dietary needs and preferences, and we’re happy to accommodate any allergies, aversions, or requests for vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free options. With advanced notice, we can even provide Western cuisine upon request. Please contact us ahead of time to let us know your food preferences.
- Breakfast and lunches are enjoyed outdoors, while dinners are elegantly laid out in our cosy, refurbished barn.
- All meals are served on the family long table as the personal guests of the Thakur family. Private meals can also be arranged as per your preference.
- The room tariff includes breakfasts, and meals are charged separately. You are welcome to bring your favourite beverage. We charge no corkage fee.
- Meals can be customised on a preorder basis
Each room has:
- A mini fridge
- Tea coffee maker
- Hair Dryer
- Wake up service
- Complimentary beverage of choice with wake-up call
- Air conditioning
- Fresh Towels
- Swimming pool
- Space Heater
*We only use pure cotton bath linen
Things to do around
- Take a guided walk around the village Dhundhara.
- Soak in the local village scenes, and watch local artisans make their unique handicrafts.
- Enjoy the vibrant markets and end the walk with a visit to the girl’s school in the village.
- Visit the local Milk Collection Centre and the local homes and farms, interact with the farmers and enjoy a beverage.
Learn the traditional culinary art of Rajasthan, and master the age-old recipes of the family.
- Go for an adventurous ride in a jeep for the wilderness safari. Enjoy the local flora and fauna as you spot local wildlife like Blackbucks, Blue bulls and Chinkara deers. End the adventurous safari with High Tea in the wilderness.
Meet the artisans
- Ride the jeep into the adventurous rural countryside and interact with the local artisans. Watch a famed local weaver and a carpenter, as they create magic and take home handicrafts as souvenirs.
- Stop over at an original thatched mud rural dwelling and enjoy a cup of tea with the family living in it. A camel ride can also be included in this safari.
- Enjoy a classic camel ride through the dunes close by to complete your adventurous holiday in Rajasthan.
Activities at the property
- Swimming pool
- Indoor board games
- Air gun Target Practice
- Bluetooth-enabled Music System
Bonfire and barbeque
- Enjoy a barbecue in front of a bonfire along with your sundowners.
- Enjoy your dinner on the rooftop and take in the night view of the village.